Stock Your Bar For Summer 0
Is your home bar ready for summer? Check out the tops things you need to have ready for your summer cocktail parties!
Plus an easy, sparkling cocktail recipe!
10 AMAZING BEER FACTS THAT WILL LEAVE YOU THIRSTY // BELLA VITA BAGS 0
Beer is the most widely consumed alcoholic beverage and the third-most popular drink right after water and tea. It’s safe to say that beer is adored from sea to shining sea. The American love affair with beer has the average beer drinker consuming 23 gallons of it a year. If that fact is not enough to make you tipsy, then perhaps one of these other 10 mind blowing facts about beer will.
- The Guinness Book of World Record holding for chugging beer is Steven Petrosino who took down 1 liter of beer in 1.3 seconds. Steven, we salute you!
- Beer has been around longer than you can imagine. It has been bringing joy to mankind since possibly as far back as the early Neolithic or 9500 BC. No wonder we have made it this far.
- The Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids under the influence. According to Patrick McGovern, an archaeologist from the University of Pennsylvania, workers at Giza received about four liters of beer a day. Now remind us again why it’s frowned upon to drink at work?
- Viking lore tells of their heaven called Valhalla where there is a giant goat whose udders provide an unlimited supply of beer. We want to go to Viking heaven!
- The fear of having an empty glass of beer is real. It’s called Cenosillicaphobia. We wonder if the doctor could prescribe bottomless beer as a prescription?
- Beer does a body good! It actually has been suggested to strengthen bones. It is rich in silicon that increases calcium deposits and minerals for bone tissue. A beer a day keeps the doctor away.
- A questionable brewing method that deserves to make this list …A brewmaster in Oregon has actually discovered a way to make beer from the yeast collected in his own beard. It’s not that farfetched as most fermenting yeast is harvested from rotten bits of nature, so it’s actually a stretched extension of the natural process. We might not be first in line to try beard beer, but we admire this use of science.
- The White House brews its own beer. Yep, you read right. President Obama is the first president to ever brew his own beer on the white house grounds. You can even Google the recipe he uses! Oh America the beautiful.
- The first professional brewers were women in ancient Egypt. Girl Power!
- Love beer so much you want to major in it? Well, you can, like actually. The study of beer and beer-making is called Zythology and you can incorporate your love for beer into your degree at Colorado State University.
Here a beer, there a beer, everywhere a beer beer.
Beer is our go to drink, and our love for it is tried and true. Bella Vita understands that love more than most. We celebrate beer and have all the beer accessories necessary to make your beer drinking experience one worthy of a salute. We have funky beer bottle openers, Beer Chill it Bags, Craft Beer gift bags, Bomber bags and even coasters to keep the sweat from your beer off your fine furniture. Here is a beer fact worth knowing, for all your beer accessories and needs Bella Vita is your one stop beer shop.
Shop Beer Accessories NOW | www.BellaVitaBags.com
Follow us on Facebook where it is always Beer O’Clock!