Bella Vita Blog
WINE ENTHUSIAST ACCESSORIES
How to use Bella Vita products to look like a real wine enthusiast
What does a wine enthusiast look like? When you mentally picture such a person, do you see a distinguished James Bond-esque man in a dinner jacket? Maybe you envision a sophisticated woman in a cocktail dress at a fancy gala, sipping Champagne. If so, you may be surprised to learn that wine enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes, and some even wear jeans!
No matter what your favorite outfit may be, or if your gathering is small or large, fancy or casual, formal or informal, when you have a get together with Bella Vita accessories, you will look like a real wine enthusiast.
Bella Vita offers the absolute best in wine accessories. Whether you choose one of our practical foil cutters with 4-sided cutting action, a colorful, functional corkscrew, or our useful and beautiful wine aerators, you will look like a pro before the wine bottle is ever opened.
Your friends will be amazed when they see your elegant red drip ring that keeps things neat and clean with no muss, no fuss. The fact that you have matching red napkins will subtly say “I care enough to accessorize.”
Party goers will be enchanted by your adorable wine glass charms that help them keep track of which glass is theirs, and your coordinating coasters will leave them marveling at your decorating skills.
When the party’s winding down and you want to preserve the taste and freshness of your wine until it’s time to pour the next glass, our unique bottle stoppers will not only do the job well, but their beauty and style will start conversations.
If you are looking for the best choice in wine bottle gift bags and boxes, you have definitely arrived at the right place! We proudly offer you over 300 choices of the perfect way to present a bottle of wine as a gift.
Bella Vita products are the perfect way to show your enthusiasm for all things wine!
- BV Retail
MARCH MADNESS NECESSITIES
Getting March Madness ready;
wine, beer, snacks
Every college basketball fans favorite time of year is fast approaching. Are you ready for some college hoops…and all that goes along with hosting your friends at your house for the big games? As you plan your perfect get together, you will want to be sure you have all you need on hand before your guests arrive. For those craft beer lovers, one of our unique beer bottle openers will be appreciated, and maybe even bring envy to a few friends. Choose from a variety of fun designs, made with quality and functionality.
With several shapes and figures to choose from, you can forget that boring bottle opener in the bottom of your kitchen junk drawer. The magnets included on the back of many of our cool bottle openers mean you can stick them on your beer fridge, where they’ll be hanging out, waiting for you take out a cold one. Made of stainless steel and silicone or shatter proof plastic, when you buy one from Bella Vita, you will have a bottle opener that lasts through all of the excitement.
Of course if you are the one traveling to the party, you’ll want a freezable bag to keep your brewsky ice cold until you get to there. These handy bags just need to be placed in the freezer a few hours before you head out then loaded up with your favorite bottled drinks. With easy to carry handles, you will be the life of the party and will never have to suffer through a warm beer again.
When you need to open a bottle of wine for the more classy guests, you need a corkscrew you can rely on. We have waiter and wing corkscrews, both single and double-levered designs, a variety of cool colors, and price-points that will make everyone happy. Once your wine is open, you need to let it breathe. Check out our aerators and pourers – essential wine accessories for any wine lover – and let your wine breathe in style.
Snacks are a big part of watching any sporting event, and we have just the right accessories to show off your snacks in style. From our selection of festive napkins to our serving trays and utensils, cheese board sets and stylish dipping bowls, we have everything you need to pull off the perfect presentation.
THE TOP CHAMPAGNE CHOICES FOR ANY BUDGET
Believe it or not, another new year is just around the corner once again. If you feel intimidated or even daunted by the task of choosing the perfect bottle of bubbly this New Year’s Eve, we have some top champagne choices for your celebration, no matter the budget.
Technically, the term “champagne” refers only to sparkling wine produced in the Champagne region of France. However, sparkling wine made using the traditional Champagne method is quite often labeled as champagne. Either way, you don’t have to wait until New Year’s Eve to try one of our suggestions, so let’s get started.
Whether you’re on a tight budget – let’s say under $20 a bottle – or you have money to splurge, here are a few respectable choices:
- Solletico Prosecco, Veneto, Italy, 2012, $12: This drier style of Prosecco has notes of honeydew and flowers. A fine example of the increase in quality sparklers from Italy. Unlike most Proseccos, this wine is vintage-dated.
- Piper-Sonoma Brut NV, Sonoma County, $13-$16. Bursting with lots of summer fruit flavors and a creamy, rich texture, this is a great wine to serve large crowds without breaking the bank.
- Spain’s sparkling wine, Cava is also made in the style of classic Champagne. Marques de Gelida Cava, Catalunya, Spain, MV, $17: If you’re into the crispness and fruitiness of Prosecco, try Spanish Cava.
- Cremant is French sparkling wine made outside Champagne, the most widely available being Cremant d’Alsace at $22; full-flavored, rich, balanced, and not too sweet.
- For a good domestic sparkling wine, try Domaine Chandon Rosé NV from California, also $22. Pure and clean with a flavor reminiscent of strawberries and cream, this could be your perfect party wine.
- Nicolas Feuillatte Brut Reserve, Champagne, France, MV, $36. When you want to splurge, this blue label bubbly is a great choice. Medium-toned, beautifully balanced, and amazingly versatile, this popular wine is right for any menu.
If you want to dress up your wineglasses or champagne flutes after they’re filled with bubbles, check out these cool wine charms. You’ll find everything from boas to bling, foodies to flowers, and stilettos to snowflakes. These adorable accents not only dress up your glass, they help keep you from picking up the wrong one…because that could be embarrassing!
To keep your bubbly fresh, try using one of these inexpensive but very effective airtight champagne bottle stoppers. These chrome beauties are definitely up to the task of keeping the bubbles in your bubbly long after the last partygoer has left the building.
- BV Retail
THE HISTORY OF HOT WINE
The history of hot wine and why you should have it this holiday season
As the days grow ever colder, we tend to look for hot drinks to warm us up from the inside out. If you’re not in the mood for hot chocolate, if warm tea doesn’t excite your taste buds, and if you just can’t handle another latte, perhaps it’s time to turn to a time-tested, ancient favorite; mulled wine.
Some say hot or “mulled” wine originated in the second century with the Romans, who used it to defend against their cold winters. As Roman armies conquered most of the known world over the next century, other European regions discovered – and adopted – mulled wine for themselves. Others say this enduring winter wine concoction originated with the ancient Greeks, who added spices to the least palatable of their wines and heated it up rather than toss it. Whomever is responsible, we would like to thank them!
The consumption of mulled wine grew during the Middle Ages, when pure drinking water was hard to find in most cities. The first use of the word “mull” as a verb (meaning to heat, sweeten and flavor wine or cider with spices), according to Merriam-Webster, was in 1618, although several recipes date back much further.
Most of us have heard of hot or mulled wine, even if we’ve never tried it. Although it is a beverage of European origins, people all over the world enjoy this heart-warming drink, most often partaken of during the fall and winter holiday seasons, starting with Halloween.
Mulled wine (also known as “glogg”) became associated with Christmas in the 1890’s. It is usually made with red wine and various mulling spices (hence the name “mulled wine”). Sometimes raisins are included in the mix. Countries all over the world have modified the recipe for mulled wine, with variations including different red and white wines, sangria, port, even vermouth. It is served hot or warm and may be alcoholic or non-alcoholic. If you choose the alcoholic version, the alcoholic content is normally between 8 and 13 percent.
If you’re looking for something warm to sip as you curl up on the couch in front of a roaring fire, mulled wine just may be the perfect solution. Try this simple recipe the next time you are in the mood for a tasty, belly-warming holiday drink. There are many variations on this recipe, but the main ingredients are consistent; cinnamon, cloves, and some form of citrus (usually oranges). The key is to use what makes you happy!
2 bottles inexpensive red table wine (not too sweet)
2 oranges (or 1 orange and ¼ cup orange juice)
½ cup sugar (white or brown)
¼ cup water
8 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks (or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon)
½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
½ teaspoon grated ginger
Cut orange into 5-6 segments and stud them with the cloves. Juice the other orange. Place all the ingredients in a medium to large saucepan and heat over low/gentle heat for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally to allow spices to infuse the wine. Do NOT allow the wine to boil. Remove the orange and cinnamon sticks, and add the orange juice, mixing well. Strain if desired, serve, and enjoy by the fire. (Makes approx. 6 glasses).
Variations: Use honey instead of syrup. Vary the spices to include cardamom, lemon zest, or allspice to taste. Add a couple of shots of cognac or brandy at the end for more of a kick.
As always the gift of wine is always appreciated! Dress of the bottle with a luxury wine bag or festive bottle topper.
- BV Retail
8 FALL FOODS YOU NEVER KNOW EXISTED
With Halloween, less than 10 days away, it’s safe to say that the season of Fall is upon us. For weeks now, you may have seen your favorite stores and restaurants stocking up on all your Fall themed flavors. Due to this annual demand, flavored food and drink mimicking the flavors of pumpkin spice, apple cinnamon, etc., has grown exponentially in recent years. We have seen a drastic increase in the number of companies developing products around this phenomenon. Here are the top 8 seasonal items that we’ve seen on the shelves:
- Pumpkin Spice Pudding
- Your favorite pudding product from Jell-O, with just a dab of Fall mixed in. It can be used as a standalone dish or as a filling for that pie you’re bringing to Grandma’s house.
- Pumpkin Spice Olive Oil
- The Pumpkin Spice olive oil from The Olive Press is a whole new twist on delicious and healthy. Pair this with their Champagne Balsamic Vinegar and you will wish it was Fall year round.
- Caramel Apple Flavored Vodka
- Pinnacle is famous for being the creator of over 40 flavors of vodka. Just when we thought they were done creating novelty tastes like cookie dough, cotton candy, and red liquorice, they’ve come out with a new caramel apple flavor to tame your Fall cravings.
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Is your caramel macchiato not doing it for you anymore? Is the line at Starbucks too long? Dunkin’s Donuts has you covered with a more seasonally appropriate beverage. Their new pumpkin spice flavored coffee combines a classic and rich Dunkin’ blend with your favorite seasonal spices. Try it with your after-dinner piece of pumpkin pie.
- Pumpkin Goat Cheese
- For those who wish to enjoy the finer things in life, don’t worry. Even your cheese plate can’t escape the delight of pumpkin spice. Montchevre has created pumpkin flavored goat cheese to get you in the mood for those orange and red leaves.
- Pumpkin Spice Wine
- The California Fruit Wine Company makes a fruit based wine heavily influenced by all your favorite fall flavors like cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. This just might become your new favorite dessert, or preferred way to start off your night with friends and family.
- Pumpkin Ale
- With over 1000 beer brands concocting a pumpkin flavored brew, you won’t be at a loss for finding one just right to satiate your thirst and putting you in the fall spirit. Our favorite is our local Four Peaks Pumpkin Porter.
- Pumpkin Spice Mallows
- You thought that those s’mores you made last summer were the best you’d ever had. Think again. These classic marshmallows from Kraft have been transformed into spicy pumpkin goodness and you’ll never be the same.
Now if you are looking for a one stop shop of all things fall flavored, take a trip to your local Trader Joe’s and venture down their ‘all things pumpkin spice’ aisle. You are bound to find a number of wonderful treats to last you all season.
10 AMAZING BEER FACTS THAT WILL LEAVE YOU THIRSTY // BELLA VITA BAGS
Beer is the most widely consumed alcoholic beverage and the third-most popular drink right after water and tea. It’s safe to say that beer is adored from sea to shining sea. The American love affair with beer has the average beer drinker consuming 23 gallons of it a year. If that fact is not enough to make you tipsy, then perhaps one of these other 10 mind blowing facts about beer will.
- The Guinness Book of World Record holding for chugging beer is Steven Petrosino who took down 1 liter of beer in 1.3 seconds. Steven, we salute you!
- Beer has been around longer than you can imagine. It has been bringing joy to mankind since possibly as far back as the early Neolithic or 9500 BC. No wonder we have made it this far.
- The Ancient Egyptians built the pyramids under the influence. According to Patrick McGovern, an archaeologist from the University of Pennsylvania, workers at Giza received about four liters of beer a day. Now remind us again why it’s frowned upon to drink at work?
- Viking lore tells of their heaven called Valhalla where there is a giant goat whose udders provide an unlimited supply of beer. We want to go to Viking heaven!
- The fear of having an empty glass of beer is real. It’s called Cenosillicaphobia. We wonder if the doctor could prescribe bottomless beer as a prescription?
- Beer does a body good! It actually has been suggested to strengthen bones. It is rich in silicon that increases calcium deposits and minerals for bone tissue. A beer a day keeps the doctor away.
- A questionable brewing method that deserves to make this list …A brewmaster in Oregon has actually discovered a way to make beer from the yeast collected in his own beard. It’s not that farfetched as most fermenting yeast is harvested from rotten bits of nature, so it’s actually a stretched extension of the natural process. We might not be first in line to try beard beer, but we admire this use of science.
- The White House brews its own beer. Yep, you read right. President Obama is the first president to ever brew his own beer on the white house grounds. You can even Google the recipe he uses! Oh America the beautiful.
- The first professional brewers were women in ancient Egypt. Girl Power!
- Love beer so much you want to major in it? Well, you can, like actually. The study of beer and beer-making is called Zythology and you can incorporate your love for beer into your degree at Colorado State University.
Here a beer, there a beer, everywhere a beer beer.
Beer is our go to drink, and our love for it is tried and true. Bella Vita understands that love more than most. We celebrate beer and have all the beer accessories necessary to make your beer drinking experience one worthy of a salute. We have funky beer bottle openers, Beer Chill it Bags, Craft Beer gift bags, Bomber bags and even coasters to keep the sweat from your beer off your fine furniture. Here is a beer fact worth knowing, for all your beer accessories and needs Bella Vita is your one stop beer shop.
Shop Beer Accessories NOW | www.BellaVitaBags.com
Follow us on Facebook where it is always Beer O’Clock!